Heather B. Osborn
Heather B. Osborn joined the firm in 2005. Ms. Osborn is an alumnus of Marshall University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, with an emphasis in Public Relations. At Marshall, Ms. Osborn was a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America and wrote for the student newspaper, The Parthenon.
After graduating from Marshall University, Ms. Osborn moved to Dayton, Ohio, where she attended the University of Dayton School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Osborn was named champion of The Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition at the University of Dayton. Ms. Osborn also served as a law clinic intern, which enabled her to represent indigent clients in matters involving domestic violence, landlord-tenant disputes, family law, and juvenile criminal proceedings.
Ms. Osborn's legal career has focused primarily on insurance-related matters, including the representation of insurance agencies and individual agents in professional liability claims and the rendering of coverage opinions for her clients. Currently, her practice is focused on insurance defense, products liability/personal injury claims, and professional malpractice litigation.
Ms. Osborn lives in Charleston with her husband and two children.
- West Virginia, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia, 2004
- J.D., University of Dayton School of Law
- Honors: The Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition champion, 2000
- B.A., Marshall University
- Major: Journalism
- Minor: Public Relations
- Blankenship v. City of Charleston et al., S.E.2d, 2009 WL 1740184 (W.Va.)
- Essex Ins. Co. v. Tri-Area Amusement Co., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2035